You don’t need a Label Printer for Amazon FBA, but it’s a complete life-hack which will make your life easier. It also looks much cooler than using an Inkjet.
In this article, we’ll explore the steps involved in printing labels for Amazon FBA, including the different types of labels, what they should contain, and the best printers to use.
One of the most important things to keep in mind when printing labels for Amazon FBA is that they must be accurate and comply with Amazon’s guidelines. This includes using the correct barcode format, including all required information, and ensuring that the labels are legible and scannable.
We’ll discuss some of the most common types of labels used for Amazon FBA, including FNSKU labels, Amazon barcode labels, and pallet labels, and provide tips for printing them correctly.
Whether you’re printing labels for a small or large number of items, there are various tools and resources available to help you streamline the process. We’ll cover some of the most popular label printing software and tools, including popular label printer brands like Dymo and Zebra, and provide guidance on how to print labels at home.
By the end of this article, you’ll have a better understanding of how to print labels for Amazon FBA and be equipped with the knowledge and tools needed to do it efficiently and accurately.
Printing Labels for Amazon FBA
If you are an Amazon FBA seller, you need to print labels for your products to ensure that they can be tracked and identified in Amazon’s fulfillment centers. In this section, we will cover the requirements for printing labels and the types of labels you can print.
Requirements for Printing Labels
To print labels for Amazon FBA, you need to have a seller central account and access to Amazon’s label printing service. You also need to ensure that your labels meet Amazon’s FBA label requirements, which include:
- Scannable barcode: Your label must have a scannable barcode that includes the product identifier (UPC, EAN, JAN, ISBN, or ASIN).
- Non-reflective: Your label must be non-reflective to ensure accurate scanning.
- Removable adhesive: Your label must have a removable adhesive that does not damage the product or packaging.
- Label size: Your label must be between 1 x 2 inches (25 x 50 mm) and 2 x 3 inches (50 x 76 mm).
Types of Labels to Print
There are three types of labels that you can print for Amazon FBA:
- FNSKU labels: These labels have a unique identifier for each product in your inventory. You can print FNSKU labels using Amazon’s label printing service or a thermal printer.
- Manufacturer barcode labels: If your products already have manufacturer barcodes, you can use these to track your inventory in Amazon’s fulfillment centers. You can print these labels using a laser or inkjet printer.
- SKU labels: If you want to track your inventory using your own SKU system, you can print SKU labels using a label printer.
When printing labels, you can use a variety of printers, including thermal printers, laser printers, and inkjet printers. However, thermal printers are the most popular choice among FBA sellers because they produce high-quality, scannable labels quickly and efficiently.
In conclusion, printing labels for Amazon FBA is an essential part of the labeling process, and it’s important to ensure that your labels meet Amazon’s FBA label requirements. By following these requirements and using the right type of label for your products, you can ensure that your inventory is properly tracked and identified in Amazon’s fulfillment centers.
Requirements for Printing Labels
When it comes to printing labels for Amazon FBA, there are several requirements that sellers must adhere to in order to ensure that their products are properly identified and tracked throughout the fulfillment process. Here are some of the key requirements to keep in mind:
Label Paper Requirements
The label paper used for printing Amazon FBA labels must be of high quality and able to withstand the rigors of shipping and handling. Here are some of the key requirements for label paper:
- The paper must be white, with no other markings or text on it.
- The paper must be self-adhesive, so that it can be easily applied to products.
- The paper must be smudge-proof and water-resistant, to ensure that the labels remain legible throughout the fulfillment process.
The standard label size for Amazon FBA is 3 1/3 x 4 inches (or 8.4 x 10.2 cm). This size is ideal for most products and provides enough space for all the necessary information, including the product name, barcode, and other identifying details.
However, there are some exceptions to this standard size. For example, products that are too small to accommodate a label of this size may be eligible for a smaller label, while oversized products may require a larger label to ensure that all the necessary information is included.
When it comes to printing Amazon FBA labels, there are several printer requirements that sellers must adhere to in order to ensure that the labels are legible and meet all the necessary standards. Here are some of the key requirements:
- The printer must be able to print at a resolution of at least 300 dpi, to ensure that the labels are sharp and legible.
- The printer must be able to print using thermal transfer or direct thermal printing technology, which is the preferred method for printing Amazon FBA labels.
- The printer must be compatible with the label paper being used, to ensure that the labels adhere properly and are not smudged or damaged during printing.
By following these requirements for label paper, label sizes, and printer technology, sellers can ensure that their Amazon FBA labels are of high quality and meet all the necessary standards for identification and tracking throughout the fulfillment process.
Types of Labels to Print
When selling on Amazon FBA, it’s important to label your products accurately. Product labels help Amazon identify your products and ensure they are stored and shipped correctly. They also help customers identify your products and provide important information such as the product name, brand, and ingredients.
When printing product labels, it’s important to use high-quality label paper and a printer that can accurately print the label design. Popular label printer brands like Dymo® and Zebra® let you print the exact amount of labels you need, no more, no less. However, the quantity of labels you need will depend on the number of products you are selling.
FBA labels are used to identify products that are stored in Amazon’s warehouses. These labels include a barcode that is scanned when products are received and shipped. Amazon requires that all FBA labels be printed in black ink on white, non-reflective labels. The labels must measure between 1″ x 2″ and 2″ x 3″.
When printing FBA labels, it’s important to follow Amazon’s guidelines and use high-quality label paper and a printer that can accurately print the barcode. Amazon recommends using Avery 1″ x 2-5/8″ labels that are available online and using a laser printer.
In summary, when printing labels for Amazon FBA, it’s important to use high-quality label paper and a printer that can accurately print the label design and barcode. Product labels should include important information such as the product name, brand, and ingredients, while FBA labels should follow Amazon’s guidelines and include a barcode that is scanned when products are received and shipped.